1920’s Murder Mystery

The request was for two 1920’s dresses to be worn at a Murder Mystery party.

We found the black, white and red one at the Salvation Army store. The burgandy dress was created from a set of curtains and built from this Burda Cowl Neck Dress pattern. The fabric was nasty to work with – frayed easily, pulled easily, jammed in the feed dogs far too often!

IMG_1807

The scarves came from my own wardrobe.

IMG_1812

My youngest daughter, who had shoulder length hair really wanted to have a short Twenties haircut. Rather than cutting her hair, we used these directions to fake a short bob.

IMG_1798

Adding a head dress, made by my daughter, completed the look!

IMG_1800